Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 4


Today I did my juice fast... for the most part. I did have a few carrots with hummus and I had a small portion of rice with beans throughout the day; the carrots at 4 and the rice at 7. Surprisingly I feel great! I have been drinking a lot of water along with my juice which is good for pushing out the toxins. The natural sugar in the juice must have kept my energy level up as I didn't feel tired and I have had no headache or stomach ache.
Tomorrow I am back to eating solids again. I had M-K try my juice, the orange kind, and he loved it! We are going to start drinking these juices all of the time as they are all natural and 100% juice.
I may have mentioned this before but if I get one thing out of this detox is that I am beginning to be more and more aware of the ingredients that are in the food that we buy and consume on a daily basis. Even simple items like salsa and canned vegetables have hidden "extras" that we do not need to eat. Some people say that it's more expensive to buy natural food but its really not. When you eat processed foods or foods that have a lot of chemicals in them, they go right through you and don't fill you up. When you eat wholesome foods that are all natural and in a raw state, you will eat less, in tern saving money because you are not consuming as much as you usually do. And when you are eating healthy your carvings for junk food go away. We, as Americans, spend more and more money on daily fast food visits, junk food at the store, sodas, candy, etc. etc... if we could all just eat as we were made to eat the obesity rate, the heart disease, the cancers would eventually go down at a rapid rate. Everything in moderation.

No comments: