Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 8

I know I am very past due for a recent update but time has once gotten a hold of me and I kept putting it off.
It is day 8 of my detox plan and I feel great! My cravings have completely stopped from sweets and the way I eat feels very normal. I have even started my gym going again, 50-60 minutes of mixed cardio and free weights here and there. I know that I have lost some weight even though I did not weigh myself at the start. My goal wasn't for me to lose weight but its expected when you cut out sugar and gluten.
I love experimenting with new foods and flavors. There are so many options, you just need to know where to look! Vegan cuisine is so delicious, most of the time I don't even know that I am eating it. I have never been one to snub food, especially healthy items, but even I get a tad freaked out when something new is put in my face. I am starting to love food again and I love what the food is doing to me.
I have eaten some fish on a couple of nights but very small portions. Mostly beans, vegetables, fruit and grains. And I must admit that I had a half of a bud light tonight but I savored every sip and it was so tasty!
I do have one fear though: what I will be like once I am off the detox. I don't want to go back to eating crap again. I know that I wont but I almost feel that eating the foods that I have cut away from me is very bad and will do my body no good. I also have a feeling that M-K will try to get me to start eating again. He hates me losing weight and if I lose anymore he is going to feed me twinkies in my sleep... ok so that is a dramatization but you get my point. :)

Thank you for all the support and encouragement; it hasn't been easy but I love what I am doing to myself as an individual. I feel healthy, I look healthy and I have a new approach on life and what it has to offer.

No comments: