Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 3

I have read over and over by many sources that the third day is always the worst. Your body is finally flushing out a lot of toxins and is somewhat in shock by not having sugar, dairy and whatever else is cut out of your diet.
Well I can definitely say that it was the worst day for me. I was very tired and my stomach was upset for most of the day. I slept off and on and went to bed at 9:30 which is very unheard of me. I know that I am doing my body good and these side effects will subside and I will start to feel wonderful and full of life and energy again. M-K is a little worried though and this is a concern for me since he will insist that I get off the detox if I continue to look and feel worse.
I have never been one to complain if I don't feel well. I take steps to improve my feelings and try not to share with others. Although I didn't feel horrible, napping is very uncommon for me and he knows this. He also has noticed that I have been losing weight and doesn't like this as well. Believe me, I can use to lose a few pounds but I would never say that I was at an unhealthy weight. I think a lot of it is bloating and water. Since the first day I have not experienced bloating and the water is helping me feel lighter and flushed.
My sugar cravings are still there but not as bad and we even went to lunch yesterday after looking at a home to purchase. Of course he ate but I couldn't eat anything on the menu. His Cesar salad and pizza looked to good but I stayed determined and didn't give in. He sometimes feels bad by eating around me but I tell him that it is my choice and not to worry. I have pretty good will power when I want to use it. :)

No comments: