Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 2

Last night I was feeling a little antsy so I hopped in the car and went to the health food store to pick up my staples. I was also curious to know what I was going to eat since I decided to start early and I didn’t have time to prep and my cupboards and fridge were not prepared.
One fact that I have found is that there is sugar in EVERYTHING! Even my beloved canned chickpeas had sugar in it… I know there are brands out there that don’t and I can always cook them myself, but even when you think you are safe there are hidden ingredients. I don’t think I have ever been so aware of all the ingredients that are in products now days. I knew they were bad but I am just in shock still. I know that I will always look at ingredients from now on. No more processed junk for me.
Even though I love my fruits and vegetables, the produce section is not the healthiest right now and makes it hard when a package of wilted strawberries is almost five dollars! So I stuck with apples, bananas, oranges and pineapple. Vegetables seem a bit heartier and avocados were on sale so I stocked up!
I also found rice bread that I am going to make veggie sandwiches out of; Hummus, tomato, onion, avocado, sprouts and sunflower seeds. I tasted the heel this morning and it had a good flavor but it is very dense and heavy. I hope toasting it won’t make it hard like a cracker.
Today I am feeling better; my energy is up and I keep looking towrads the next day to learn more about myself and how far I can go. I did still drink a half of cup of black coffee but switched to decaf tea as soon as possible. I think it’s the motion of drinking something at my desk that has me hooked to coffee. I try not to snack at my desk because I don’t want to associate my work area as always having something to eat. To keep track of my water intake I make little tally marks on my cup. We have red plastic cups by our water cooler and every time I finish a cup I mark the side of my cup. Its ten after twelve and I have consumed 48 ounces of plain water, not including my tea.
Foe breakfast I had a gala apple with some raw almonds and cashews. I brought my sandwich that I described earlier with two Satsumas for lunch.
Dinner is still yet to be determined. I have been craving Mexican so I may make some beans and rice with cilantro and radishes. Mmmm… sounds good already.

No comments: