Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 11

I have been fighting a cold for the past 5 days and it has not been fun. One day I feel like it is getting better then the next I feel like crap again. It could be due to my lack of nutrients or it could be my body detoxifying itself, I am not sure. I am taking a multi vitamin, vitamin C and echinacea but my body craves more.
So I have started incorporating more foods in my system very slowly. I have been sticking to a vegan and raw diet still but I am eating soy and a little sugar (organic cane juice). Today I was feeling a little better. My energy level seems to be up still, which helps me to go to the gym at night, but my throat is scratchy and sinus's a little plugged. And now that I am allowing myself to eat a little more, my cravings and feeling deprived of yummy foods have gone away. To tell you the truth I love eating this way!
I look back just a month ago and I thought I was eating healthy, and to most I was, but I really wasn't aware of what I was consuming. I was more focused on the calories and fat grams that I didn't take in consideration that the food might have been bad for me altogether! The less processed, the better the fuel.
Many conversations have come up with co workers and friends of mine and I love nothing more then to educate people about my experiences. Being a nutritionist at a hospital made me realize what we take for granite: our body, our mind and our health. I need to go back to school and continue my education. Helping others has always been in my heart and I believe I have found my calling.

No comments: