Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 15!

So I passed the 2 week mark! I am still going strong and loving the way I eat each and everyday! Like I have stated before I am not as strict since I was fighting a cold and I didn't want to get worse, but I have only added soy back in and on occasion cane juice, like in my soup.
I have been looking online at college's as I am going back to school to become a Registered Dietitian. I know this is what I am supposed to do and I am so excited that I have finally found a path to go down. I have been very reluctant in wanting to go back to school only because I had no idea what I wanted to be or do. I did know that I love to help and educate people but I wasn't sure if I could manage to be a full time school teacher. Being a dietitian will give me many opportunities to work where I want to; either in a medical environment, a school or open up my own practice. I have never felt so passionate about one thing for so long. It truly is rewarding!
So on to my foods :)

This is heaven in a bowl! (or a mug!) It is creamy, full of flavor and so good for you! Made of all organic ingredients and soy for that creamy texture, it has been my partner in my office when it's been so cold out!


Just some more ideas for my lunches. Plain rice cakes with hummus all over them, (which I will add are tasty just like that!) avocado, raw sunflower seeds, tomato, red onion and cilantro. I made some with alfalfa sprouts on it as well. Yummy either way and very filling!


So this may not very appealing but it sure was good! I steamed a half of a sweet potato and made quinoa with black beans and corn. I knew I like sweet potatoes but I never had a fresh, steamed one. They are my new favorite food! M-K and I eat our fair share of baby red's and an occasional baker and they are not my favorite. Actually I'm not a real big fan of potatoes period; except for now! They have a very creamy texture, sweet and so good for you. I didn't add one single spice or herb the this sweet potato, it was that good! So back to the quinoa... if you don't know what it is... don't worry, I didn't either. But believe me when I say I felt lost without it! I cant even explain how this tastes... its nutty, has a wonderful texture but not a lot of flavor by itself. But it is a perfect canvas for adding other tastes and textures. I have been on this Mexican, south-west taste for a while and I didn't stop with this. It cooks very similar to rice and at the end I added a can of corn and black beans with some salt and pepper. I put a teaspoon or organic salsa on the top and mixed it in. My suggestion, come to my house and I will make you some! You believe your taste buds!

No comments: